The GTCC SWIM ACROSS IS BACK!
Fight Childhood Cancer with The ChadTough Foundation
Support GTCC Facilities & Equipment
Georgetown is excited to bring back the GTCC Swim Across fundraiser for 2021! Get ready to swim to raise money for two great causes—The ChadTough Foundation and Georgetown Country Club (50/50 split)!
This free, members-only event is open to adult and child swimmers of all ages. Kickboards and other swim aids are welcome for those who need them.
Participating swimmers set a goal for the number of laps (25m) to swim in a 1-hour time limit, find lap sponsors, and have fun on the morning of the Swim Across!
For 2021, to maximize lane access, swimmers are challenged to count the number of laps they can swim in 1 hour as their goal for this event!
Swim Date: Saturday, July 31, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
Swim Times: 8:30am-9:30am, 9:40am-10:40am, or 10:50am-11:50am
Rain Date: by Appointment at GTCC; the pool is reserved for the same time on Sunday, August 1 for those available.
Donations: all due to GTCC within 1 week after your Swim Date
An opportunity to support two great causes:
- The ChadTough Foundation: raise money to fund research and raise awareness for pediatric brain tumors, with a focus on Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG).
- GTCC: your swim will support the purchase of a new ping pong table and foosball table for the pool deck. Swim hard now, and have fun later! It’s events like this that help GTCC improve and sustain our facilities and equipment!
HOW IT WORKS
- You swim laps to raise money for The ChadTough Foundation and GTCC. You use your swimming skills to raise money to help others!
- Set a goal – how many laps (25m) do you think you can swim in 1 hour?
- Find sponsors for your swim. For every lap (25m) you swim, your sponsor commits to a small donation. The more you swim, the more you can raise for ChadTough and GTCC!
- Sponsors have the option of setting an upper limit on their donations. Just in case you swim a few hundred laps and they were not expecting that!
- If preferred, your sponsors can make a simple donation to support your swim instead of sponsoring your laps.
- Younger swimmers who may need a little extra help are welcome to use flotation devices such as kickboards, noodles, puddle jumpers, etc. Please bring your own device for assistance.
- Youth swimmers must have an adult present (parent, guardian, relative, or friend), and this person should count your laps as your “witness”!
RESERVE YOUR LANE AND TIME
After registering for the Swim Across, you will be provided a link to a Sign-up Genius to reserve a lane time for your family! If you are unable to find a time that works for your family, please contact Jaime Moore at email@example.com.
A T-shirt commemorating participation in the 2021 GTCC Swim Across is for sale for $18. All T-shirt proceeds will also support The ChadTough Foundation and GTCC. If you are interested, please order your shirt no later than Thursday, 7/22 at midnight through your online registration, or contact Jaime Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQ & SPONSORSHIP FORM
For more information download the 2021 Swim Across Information Sheet, FAQ, and sponsorship form packet. Participant lap sponsorships should be collected using the designated Swim Across 2021 Sponsorship form included in this packet.
If you have any further questions, contact Jaime Moore at email@example.com.